Sunday, August 1, 2010

Why Is This So Funny?

I've always loved this New Yorker cartoon from years ago. It's been on my office wall for ages.

Reminds me of the time, sadly long before ubiquitous digital cameras, when I saw an old upright piano topple out of a pickup truck. The driver clearly didn't understand the notion of momentum.

The poor piano just exploded on the street, much like this cartoon version. Notes and strings and various parts scattered all over. I wasn't close enough to hear it, but I imagine it probably played a magnificent chord as it crashed into Charles Allen Drive, right across from Grady High School.

Now that I always carry a camera I'll probably never again see such a wonderful thing. But there's always this cartoon to bring back the memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment