Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Brick Piano is Aging Gracefully


Every time I visit Chattanooga, I have to walk down Frazier Street and check on the brick piano.

Since it's a bit more substantial than most instruments, it's always there, waiting for a photo op . . . or just waiting to inspire or amuse.

Why is it there? The inscription says it's dedicated to the musicians of Chattanooga and the area, and that's a good enough reason.

But art doesn't need a reason. It's just THERE to surprise you and make you happy.

It's looking a little more grainy these days--getting some texture from age. But it's a nice graceful aging.

(I'm looking around Atlanta for some nice public art that celebrates our local musicans. I can't find anything anywhere. Once again, Chattanooga takes the lead . . . I guess Atlanta is too busy tearing down old things to take the time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment